Translate

Friday, September 05, 2008

Labor Day '08: Martial Law St. Paul

Thought I'd share a few images from my walk around the capitol on Labor Day.
I was basically behind the group that got a massive volley of pepper and tear gases, rubber bullets and concussion grenades. The problem was this: After the march from the Capitol to the Republican(t) National Convention -- most of the marchers either began to head home or to a hip hop concert across the river via the Wabesha Bridge (Mos Def, Pharcyde, and Atmosphere played along with country acts Billy Bragg and Steve Earle) The concert location was at Harriet Island, which is a walk across the Wabesha Bridge. Basically, the 3, 500 plus officers, more than half of whom are contracted by the RNC from outside of MN, got upset and started opening up volleys, closing bridges, essentially funneling people into a confrontation of their making. And if you think I'm bullshitting tough because I saw this with my G'*&D#$*ed eyes. I also have 100 minutes of video that I took of the legally permitted and blessedly peaceful march, and my subsequent bike/walk towards the concert.

I hope everyone is having a great week,

Hit me up,

Your Boy,

raz




No comments: